Contacts & Groups
Skype for Business puts KU's Global Address List at your fingertips.
The quickest way to find someone via Skype for Business is to launch a search by typing the person’s last name in the search box on the Contacts window. The results display automatically.
Add a contact to your Skype for Business contact list
Your contacts list simplifies your communications and lets you see presence and contact information for the people you communicate with the most.
Add a contact
- Select Contacts from the left-hand menu.
- In the search window, type the last name of the person you want to add. The search results will automatically appear below the search bar.
- Right-click on the contact.
- Select a Group to add your new contact to, or select Add Contact if you do not have groups created.
- After you have searched, to hide the results, select the X in the search box.
- You don’t have to add a contact in order to communicate with them. Simply search for them in the Contacts tab, then select their name in order to see the communication options.
Create groups for people you regularly get in touch with
You can set up a group for each team you work with so you can see at a glance who’s available at any given time, or communicate with the entire team at once.
Create a new group
- Select an existing group on the Contacts tab in the main Skype for Business menu.
- Select Contacts from the top menu.
- Select New Group.
- In the space that opens up at the bottom of the window, type over the phrase New Group to give your group a name.
Rename a group
- Locate the group you’d like to rename.
- Right-click on the group and select Rename.
- Type the new group name and press Enter.