Equipment Loan Procedures in Classrooms
- Call Classroom Support at 785-864-1200 or stop by Budig Hall 16 (lower level, southwest side)
- Provide information regarding the type of equipment needed, when, where, and by whom
- Sign for equipment when delivered (or when picked up)
- Equipment can be delivered to staffed departmental offices
- Return equipment to Budig Hall 16 by specified return date, or request pick-up from departmental offices
What Can I Checkout?
Faculty and instructors can checkout a variety of media equipment from Classroom Technology Support, including:
- Portable Video Projectors
- Portable Projector Screens (50”, 70”, 84”, 92”)
- Wireless Presentation Remotes
- Small Portable Sound Systems
Make reservations at least 48 hours in advance, and cancel unneeded equipment reservations to free up items for others. Equipment will be checked out only to instructors/GTAs for instructional use. We do not check equipment out to students.
Equipment checked out is the responsibility of the client/department. Late fees, repair, or replacement fees may be charged. Equipment may be reserved for 10 business days. Contact Classroom Support at 785-864-1200 to request an exception to this policy.
Reservations will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Equipment may not be checked out for personal use nor taken off campus without prior approval. Our Classroom Support personnel will be happy to demonstrate equipment features or provide basic instruction for its use.
Multimedia Equipment Loan
KU IT Media Production Studio offers a variety of multimedia equipment for checkout by faculty, staff and students including: DSLR cameras, video cameras, microphones, hard drives, iPads and accessories. Visit Media Production Studio Equipment Checkout for more information.
Some equipment (e.g., public address systems, data projection, etc.) may be reserved and checked out for special events. A nominal fee may be charged. Please contact Classroom Technology Support at least one week prior to your event to ensure that equipment is available. Please note: Classroom Technology Support is funded to support credit classes; any equipment usage that is not for this purpose may be charged a rental fee.
Requests for estimates, work, repairs to departmental media or other installation projects can be initiated by completing the Installation/Repair Request Form. Please be aware that installation/repair projects may require the services of Design & Construction Managagement (DCM) and/or Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), resulting in additional charges.