Skype for Business for Mac Overview
Microsoft has released a version of Skype for Business for Mac, which will eventually take place of Lync for Mac. KU IT Technology Instruction & Engagement is currently in the process of updating our videos and documentation to support faculty and staff using Skype for Business for Mac.
How to add a non-KU phone number to your contact list:
Note: At this time, you can save numbers within your contact list, but you will not be able to add a name to display for the contact.
- Launch Skype for Business.
- Click on Contacts.
- In the search box, enter the phone number as the area code and seven-digit number (###-###-####).
- When the number appears below, select it.
- In the file menu, click on Contacts > Add Contact.
- It should now appear under Other Contacts.