Outlook Web Access (OWA)
Access your email and calendar from anywhere in the world with Outlook Web Access an online email client.
- Login in to Outlook Web Access with your KU Online ID at mail.ku.edu
- The premium experience (full OWA features) is available when using the most current version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer. The premium experience offers the most similar functionality and view to the full Microsoft Outlook client.
Features in OWA 2010
- Conversation view - By default, messages are displayed in threads so all messages with the same subject are grouped together. That means no time wasted searching for a previous message on that topic. When a new message in a thread comes in, the whole thread moves chronologically to the top of your Inbox. Conversation view can help organize your email, but if you don’t like it, you can turn it off. Just right-click Arrange By, scroll down to Conversations, and deselect Show Messages In Conversations.
- Ignore option - If you subscribe to mailing lists, you know that sometimes the group engages in discussions that do not interest you. Now you don’t even have to see them. Just select Ignore Conversation from the action menu and any further messages in that conversation will be automatically deleted.
- Forward as an attachment - This is especially useful if you need to report Spam.
- Delivery report - Another option on the action menu is Open Delivery Report. If you have ever sent an important email and then agonized over whether it got to the recipient, this feature will be one of your favorites. You can search for messages sent to a specified recipient, messages you have received from a specified recipient, or messages with specific words in the subject line. The delivery report shows you the date and time the message was submitted, and when it was successfully delivered.
- Opening another user’s mailbox - With appropriate permissions, you can select a mailbox to open from the KU Global Address List. That mailbox will “nest” in the left pane along with your default mailbox. OWA also remembers which mailboxes you opened and displays them when you log on the next time.
- Side-by-side calendars - You can open a shared calendar and view it side-by-side with your own calendar. This is very helpful if you need to make plans that include coordinating multiple schedules.