KU IT provides several options for people who need wireless access while on the KU campus. Review the details below to determine which option is most appropriate for you. All access to the KU wireless network requires:
- A computer, tablet or mobile phone with wireless capabilities
- Any web browser that supports 128-bit encryption
The CAMPUS WI-FI COVERAGE MAP provides building and outdoor locations where wireless can be accessed.
Click here to see the progress of our wireless expansion.
Wireless Options at KU:
JAYHAWK Secure Wireless provides access for KU faculty, staff and students
- Anyone with a valid KU Online ID should use the secure JAYHAWK Wireless network
- See configuration instructions for secure JAYHAWK Wireless
KUGUEST wireless provides access for any campus visitor
- Campus visitors can access the KUGUEST wireless network
- No prior approval is needed, just select KUGUEST from the wireless list on your computer or mobile device
- This network is restricted to http/https/IPSEC access and has a 40Mb shared bandwidth limit for all Guest users.
KU-Passport wireless provides access for select visitors
- Higher level of access for visitors sponsored or designated by a KU faculty or staff member
- Available for short-term visitors or those who need access to only wireless*
- Faster connection than that provided by KU GUEST because there is no shared bandwidth limit
KU faculty and staff can request KU-Passport access for a campus visitor or group by contacting their departmental technical staff. The technical staff person should submit the request to the KU IT Customer Service Center.
*Campus visitors who need access to multiple online services, or who need access to KU wireless for more than a few weeks, should request a KU IT Temporary Service Account. Examples include temporary workers, vendors, visiting scholar programs, summer workshops or community training programs.
Wi-Fi in Residence Halls
The University of Kansas partners with Apogee to provide advanced network services to campus residence halls, scholarship halls and on-campus apartments. Students can sign up for cable and internet service through Apogee's myResNet student portal at myresnet.com. Information regarding data rates can be found at myresnet.com/welcome/ku/index.jsp.
Learn more or get help
- Get help from the KU IT Customer Service Center (785) 864-8080 or email email@example.com
- Order wireless for your department online using the Request New Wireless Service form
- Review the official KU wireless policy