Skype for Business for Mac Overview
Microsoft has released a version of Skype for Business for Mac, which will eventually take place of Lync for Mac. KU IT Technology Instruction is currently in the process of updating our videos and documentation to support faculty and staff using Skype for Business for Mac.
How to add a non-KU phone number to your contact list:
Note: At this time, you can save numbers within your contact list, but you will not be able to add a name to display for the contact.
- Launch Skype for Business.
- Click on Contacts.
- In the search box, enter the phone number as the area code and seven-digit number (##########).
- When the number appears below, select it.
- In the file menu, click on Contacts > Add Contact.
- It should now appear under Other Contacts.